Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Subways cont.

Basically I desribed the whole subway experience but Ill end on a better note.          As I steped off the subway, I looked at the floor to make sure I had solid footing. My 50 pound back pack made me slightly off center. I could feel the studded concrete through my shoes and it reminded me of walking on cobble stones.  Strange looks were thrown in my direction as I walked toward the ecalator. Im sure I was quite a site; white T, blue jeans, crocidile cowboy boots, and a back pack as big as I was. A blast of city air hit me in the face like a like a glass of warm water as I reached the next level. Subway is just an other name for wind tunnel. After I slid my fair ticket into machine I meandered on the direction of the escalator that takes you up to the street level. In no way could I have prepared myself for what I was about to see. I stepped onto the moving stairway with my top heavy bag and looked up...and up and up. At the top of the tunnel I saw sunlight shining in, but it was over three hundred feet away. The escaltor carried me up four or five stories from the depths of the subway station to the bright of day.

1 comment:

  1. Yo. Fun posts. Where do you post from, just use friend's puters? Blogspot has a spellcheck, you iggoramus hick!

    Walked a 60-foot highline yesterday, gonna attempt a 105-footer tomorrow. Life is good.

    Be safe, don't do anyone I wouldn't do!

    ReplyDelete