Sunday, October 31, 2010

the subway part one

So I rode the subway for the first time. Pretty cool huh. I know some of you big city folk think Im just a country bumpkin, but bear with me becuase it might get a little hairy. Boston was the first place I had the opportunity to ride the subway, or T-rail. Everyone there just calls it the T. "were taking the T ya'll, it'll be super fun, Yayy." Except in a Bauston accent and without the ya'll. I just added that for dramaitc effect.And Im like what is the Sesami Street. So ya anyway, your standing there waiting for the "T"  going to the "TH" ( which is short for theatre of course). Everyone sort of sludging around waiting to get on the next train that rolls in. Where I got on the first time was outside ( I didn't know subway existed outdoor, so I was like "WOW" this is like a train slash subway). Once the T shows up it squeeks to a stop and the door open and people start to exit the subway car. They come out and give you a like I like to call the subway look, which is simular to the "why are you looking are me" look. And its rather judgmental and rather shocking the first time you experience it. Dont worry I kept my composure and entered the subway cool calm and collected...with my sunglasses even though it was night, cuz im that cool. No one really talks on the subway, they all just think about how nice it will be to get out of this germ infested box traveling a good 40 to 50 miles an hour though a dark tunnel. I find it quite humorous when its rush hour and all the last minute people hop on the bus even though the bells dinging and the anouncer keeps repeating " If the coach is excesivly full please step back, the next train will be arriving shortly." But people keep coming, and they're all thinking just one more person will fit, ya, just one more. Then of course the officially dressed bussiness woman gets her leg stuck in the door and can't keep herself from crying. ( true story) I understand, it happends, nobody wants to be the one stuck in the subway door. Its embarrasing, bad for you image, and God knows what would happen if your boss found out.
    Once your crammed in there with the other 20 people right by the door,  you start to notice things. The man to my left missed a button on his shirt, another with too much after shave,  pit stains, a cute girl sitting a few feet away, and the smell of many people in one place that I do not care to discribe.   I wonder what would happen if people on the subway did talk...?    Ill leave it at that.  Tune in tomorrow for "More on Subways"
      

No comments:

Post a Comment