Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Da bus and stuff

Illinois was quite an interesting experience. Sleep deprivation, and over eating lead me to look forward to my 30 hour bus ride to Boston.
One of the days I was Illinois I did some campaigning ( if I already told you that than you can just read it again). It was requested by one of my readers that I include more detail in my blogs to conjure up a more vivid adventure. I think thats fine, just fine. Like I was saying campaigning is a very interesting process. First you have to know a thing or two about the person your representing. In my case; Rich Morthland, running for state representative of the republican party. He all about redistribution of wealth from the richer people to the "financially challenge", proving more jobs and taking away a few of those garden gnomes from the people that have them strewn across their yard like land mines. I go up to a house that has been previously been called and put on a list as a potential voter for Morthland, and if I am unlucky enough for them to answer the door I say "Good afternoon, I am volunteering for the Rich Morthland campaign. I was wondering if we could count on your vote in the upcoming election...?" Or something to that effect. Most people look at you as if you were standing there in your underwear. It takes a few moments for them to get there barrings, because you of course interrupted their HBO Saturday evening special, or the making of a glorious PBandJ, or toe nail clipping, or afternoon beating of their kids and your child protective services, and anyway once they get there barrings all manner of things can be said. Uuuuuummmmmmm...Im still undecided,  Yes! you have my vote, didn't you see the yard sign, NO! I'm a democrat, I don't disclose that sort of information,...Are you single : )? But let get serious, pretty much whatever there response I smile and say "well would you like some more information anyway" and hand them a little brochure on Rich Morthland. And thats all there is too it. Vote Republican!!! Either your with us or your with the government.

BTW...never meet a girl if her nick name is Stinky.

Sunday morning I neatly folded all my freshly washed clothes and crammed them into my backpack. My good friends Jaider and Jonathan took me to the bus stop and we all said our sorrowful goodbyes. Bye you guys, better see you this winter.
     A four hour ride to Chicago reminded me of how sore my tail bone is...all cushions get hard eventually. I then I went through a time warp and ended up in Boston. Making short stop in Cleveland backass midwest, and a couple other towns, taking to a convict on the run ( for reals ya'll, not a murderer on nothing), he sat next to me on the bus and we had a quite enlightening conversation on the bus...not really, but it was chill, and driving through NYC( no need to explain everyone seen the movies).
   Boston is a sweet town, Molly met me at the bus station, went back to her hideously expensive two room apartment with two other room mates, and showed me her pocket sized campus(even though its bigger that MSU Bozeman) and then I watched TV on the computer till what the people were saying didn't make any sense.
         Today I actually took the time to go onto youtube, watch a little video "how to tie a tie" and got all dressed up in my tweed suit coat and classy white button up shirt to go see my Harvard buddy from Highschool. I figured I had to look good to walk around Harvard campus, hardy harr har. He, on the other hand wasn't wearing a tie, hmmm, Harvard, and not even a tie. Jeesh. We wend to a little Italian Pizzeria close to campus called Pinocchios. It was easily the best pizza I ever had, simply divine.
   And now I am blogging in Mollys' room listening to her and one of classmates studying for a test in psycho-pharmacology...part of the time in French part of the time in English.   Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment