Friday, October 22, 2010

here I am

Boston was a fun experience. I went down to the harbor area (little Italy), ate a peanut butter cup the size of my fist and threw some tea into the harbor. Damn brits. Molly and walked around on the "old iron sides," the USS Constitution. Its was quite a ship. Stretching a hundred and fifty feet, its black hull reflected across the harbors dark dank water. Dozens of cannons riveting the once war ravaged sides, their empty barrels echoing the sorrows of the lives they have taken. Two huge masts extend high about the deck. No sails hang from these beams, only ropes remain. The wooden deck is polished from years of use. Standing there at the beam of the ship, it was hard to imagine the actual turmoil and horror of war that took place for the freedom of our country.
     The majority of my time in Boston was spent with little Molly Kirk and her Morracan friend Yasamine. I think its pernounced yes-me. The big city is not really my style. Too many people packed together in buildings like sardines. However it was a cool experience.
   I also went to the Boston Aquarium....fish, fish, more fish, turtle, fish, starfish, jelly fish, fish, Penguin.
Basically. I did get to touch a star fish which was kinda neat.

I took a loverly Peter Pan bus an hour south to Providence RI, Greyhound apparently doesn't make thursdays trips. I got into Providence last evening, met by Peter LeBlanc who is kind enough to let me sleep on his soft dorm floor. Providence is a beautiful city.

Forgive me for all my spelling errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment